José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Can you advise. I was part of a friends 12 man stag party

Customer Question

Hi can you advise. I was part of a friends 12 man stag party last year. I understand one of the party who i do not know was a little disruptive towards the air stewardess and she took offence of him and rang through to security who escorted us from the plane when we landed. I was completely surprised by this as i had done nothing wrong and was well behaved and quiet throughout the flight. Now i have received a letter from the spanish aviation authorities (AESA and Ministerio de fomento) claiming to prosecute me or pay 500 euros? they say we were abusive towards them and the passengers and were trying to steal money and items within the rear of the galley and posed an aviation safety threat which is completely untrue. I didn't know may of the party but have heard that only a handful of these people have received these letters, so why am i being singled out and can they do this as i completely dispute this accusation. This is the complete honest truth so where do i go with this and can they prosecute me?
Lastly when the authorities escorted us from the plane they kept us in the airport for around 30-45 minutes took our passports and then handed them back and let us collect our luggage. During this time we were not arrested, no statements were taken, no explanation of why we were being held.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereThe same written you got has the requirments to guide them an appealYou have the chance to make an appeal and say what you want to sayThey will answer you and even you could make a new appeal to the superior personSo, make an appeal by yourself and wait for an answerOnce you got an answer you could study what is the best to you to doThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But Jose, I have appealed and have had another letter confirming proceedings against me? Surely as I was not arrested and there were no statements taken, how Can there be any legal binding in this?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Always you make an appeal happens, you have to make it twiceFirst time is guided to the same person who put the bill, second one to his cheff, so, the important one is the secod oneThank you