José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Clare my question is regarding my property in Casares Spain. I own on a complex that i

Hi Clare my question is regarding my property in Casares Spain. I own on a complex that is made up of 4 communities.
Community 1 has 40 apartments
Community 2 has 106 apartments
Community 3 has 120 apartments
Community 4 has 302 apartments
the 4 communities form a macro community for the area including roads repairs , security etc.
I own in in the largest community and our President has told us that at the upcoming agm for the Macro community he can assume all our votes and take control of the Macro community and spend the funds raised how he decides best.
We are told that indiviually if we want to attend we can but otherwise all votes are assumed by him.
Is this correct and legal as I believe he should gain our permission to do this at the AGM for our community , when I challenged him on this he told me that the Macro community rules are not covered by horizontal law but by those local rules set out by the town hall
thanks
Kevin
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your question and for asking for me/I am afraid I know nothing of Spanish Law - so I shall transfer you to the correct section and one of my Spanish colleagues will be able to help you in due course.You need do nothing furtherClare
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereJosé M sapanish atorneyI think that the president do not explain himself correctly I suppose he wats to say that if the majority of you give him an autorithation he coud go to the Macro comunity on your name and say what you want he saysIn no case the president could do whatever he wants, he always has to recibe the orders of your comunityIf the president does something diferent that the majority says he has to do, he could be sue at courtTown hall does no give rules to comunities, an all cases are the owners and contrctuors the ones who give the rules and you know before you boughtPlease let me know if you need more helpThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the reply . I need to be sure on The rules of the Macro community voting. The town hall rules say that the President can assume the votes from his community , is this no correct?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Well he could asume it IF the comunity give him the right from majority I mean, if the comunity agree to gib¡ve him the power he could use but no in all casesHe can no reduce your rights and asume them as his rightsThank you
José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WDoes your answer mean that without the owners of the community voting at the agm the President cannot assume the votes
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, That it is.The President has no right to represent you as you do not gine him that powerThank you