José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Getting in trouble 5 years ago charge bodily harm paid £1000

Getting in trouble 5 years ago charge bodily harm paid £1000 to get my passport thought this was the fine but turns out I now have to go to court Monday if I'm not there it will go ahead is this likely to be a fine or custodial offence
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, you paid 1000 euros warrant to get your passport but you have to go to court to defend yourself, if you do not go you will lose the chance to defend you and you will gte the harder fine for the caseThe best will be go with a lawyer an defend your self, be sure of thatYou will solve the `problem paying a fine and you will get to forget all about itIf you do not go to court you will be afraid in future to be arrested if coming into SpainPlease ask if you have more questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I be represented without being there
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
No Sir, your lawyer can no speak in your name. You have to there, even when you can make an agrement just when it starts and in this case there is not case in court. You pay the fine and thats allBut you have to goThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get there so what will happen to me
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
If you do not go, they will put the harder fine and you could be arrested in future if you come into SpainYou will lose the chance to defend your self and or to get an agrementbe sure taht coming is your best choiceNo risk to go to jail, if this risk would be real they would not let you goThank you