José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

Hope you can help me- I agreed in writing with a villa

Customer Question

Hi hope you can help me- I agreed in writing with a villa owner to rent their property for 11 day this summer June-July 2016 . Following their confirmation I booked my flights ( within 60 mins) only to go back to my email to discover they had changed their mind because someone else has offered to rent the property for longer.
In confirming that I wanted to rent the property I was very clear about the fact I was now going to go and book flights based on their confirmation. I now have flights booked and no property do I have any kind of recourse against the renter?
Deborah
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.
JoseHi there, if you made a contract and it was signed for both parts, first we have to read it in order to see what it says in case of rupture. If it says nothing, you could sue him for the expenses you have had. Please scan the contract ( erease names an personal data) and I will tell my opinion about your best choice then. José M. Spanish atorney