José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have been receiving a Disability Pension now, little over

I have been receiving a Disability Pension now, for a little over 50 years. In 1964 whilst serving in the RAF, I underwent necessary surgery on both eyes. The surgery was totally unsuccessful. After appropriate Board Meetings,etc. I was granted a Disability Pension for Life, Tax Exempt.
I am retired & have been a Tax Resident in Spain for the last 12 years.
As from 1st January this year, our Tax Office have informed us that this Disability Pension will be included in 'Taxable Income'. I find this most distressing. Have the Spanish Authority, whichever Office, the Legal Right to DEMAND this action?
Most distressed, Mrs. J.M. *******
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

José M spanish atorney

In Spain, according spanish law, only the total disability, recogniced for our social security, wich does not allow you to work, is free to pay taxes, all the rest must pay

Art 7 of the 35/2006 law Says that are free to pay taxes... "(f) benefits by Social security or by entities that replaced it as a consequence of absolute permanent disability or major disability recognized the taxpayer."

All the rest must pay

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir, I am not particularly satisfied with your answer. Yes, possibly in Spanish Law, but I am much more interested in the Regulation within the EU Law. Regards, ***** ***** ************