José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I'm thinking of buying a studio flat . Do I need passport ,

Customer Question

Hi I'm thinking of buying a studio flat for myself for holidays . Do I need passport , driving licence and my English national insurance number to get the Spanish licence to buy ?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, you do not need more that your UK passport to buy a real state propiety in Spain.

No driver licence, no insurance number needed.

The notario will ask you for your pasport and thats will be all.

Another thing you have to know is that according law, all real state owners in spain, must make a tax insurance in the spanish tax office each year for the whole incomes you declare all wide word. It does not mean you have to pay taxes, (taxes paid in UK are deductibles, but you will have to make the personal tax declaration in Spain IRPF

José M Spanish atorney

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKYOU Jose M
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Have a good day

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can my solicitor start the purchase for me before I go to Spain with my documents ? I've sent her photo copies of my passport now
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no problem with that

He / she could send you the contract and you answer him/her back with your pasport scaned and the contrcat will be perfectly legal. You will have in person to sign at the notaria

Even you could make a power of atorney for this matter and send it o him and he could buy it for you and then you do not need even to come

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKYOU you've been a great help . Have a good day x
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.