José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I was charged with committing a crime in Spain 23 years ago

Customer Question

I was charged with committing a crime in Spain 23 years ago and skipped bail when let out will I be able to go to Lanzarote without being lifted by police I was 1 of 3 and other 2 have since died
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there José M spanish atorney

What is your question? In spain most criminal charges become over in 20 years So they coul not go against you any more

Wait for your answer, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi José, thanks for your initial reply.
I would like to visit Lanzarote and I wondered if I was at risk of my passport being flagged on arrival at the airport.
The charges were of a financial nature and more like 25/30 years ago.
Kind Regards
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. We have no chance to know if we do not call the court which did know the case then. To call them probably will provide no results but we could try

If there is a warrant, it could be alive even if they arrest you just to say the case is over now

So, the only way we have to be sure is to contract an atorney. You have to send him a power of atorney to call the court. The atorney could ask at court.

In the other hand you could take the risk and wait what happen, this are your chances.

I will send you an offer if you want to contract me to ask to the court

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

I gently ask for a good rate of the service.