José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have had a letter sent to an old english address, where

I have had a letter sent to an old english address, where use to live, i have had a letter from ibiza asking me to appear for trial on something that happened 4 - 5 years ago. Basically i was found to have 500€ which were fake, i didn't even know these notes were i had got them off a friend and they turned out to be fake.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi there

If the facts were 5 years ago forget them

May be a court called you to go, but now this facts are over now five years ago

Forget them They could do nothing now against you

Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

José M spanish atorney

José M., Attorney
Experience: Spanish Attorney
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was around 4yrs 3months to be precise, there stating i have a trial on 10/10/2016, i thought id already had a trial at the time and was released? what can they do? it says i don't have to attend?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Well If the date for trial is 2016 the facts are no over now, not released.

If they can no probe you has been noticed you has not been, but not going to the trail could bring problems in future if you come into Spain

May the best is to come to the trail and defend you or in the other hand let it go and not come into Spain in several years. Its your choice

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what is the worst that could happen in my current situation? or what is likely to be decided?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

If you come to have to pay a fine

If you do not come now and you come and future to be arrested to go to court and have to pay the fine then

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i wouldn't go to prison if i defended myself, just pay a fine? also how much is a typical fine for this situation?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

No, no prision risk. How much we are talking about in fake money?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was just 500€, i didn't even know they were fake.
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Well, no more than 300 euros fine. No so much risk. No prision risk at all

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay last question, would this be the same if i did not turn up to trial? I'm guessing they would send me the fine in the post? which i would just pay of course. Thank you so much for your help
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

I am here again

Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Well, if you do not go, you will lose the chance to defend you, and they could put the fine, or even do not make the traill until they force you to go...

I mean, I can no know waht they could decide because I have no idea the probes they have against you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Take a look at the letter this is what they sent me, so the best option is to go and try to defend myself. I will go if there is no risk of prison. What probes could they have?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also this ws attached to the back which i don't really understand?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Well, Is harder than a simple scam of 300 euros ( It is a minor criminal charge)

In the letter they do not speak about scam, they speak about making fake money ( criminal charges)

So, the trail is for a criminal charge and you will need to contract an atorney if you go

If you do not go the say even that you could be charged

My advice is that the best you could do is to go and defend you.

I have no idea what kind of probes they have against you but the charge is serious

Make your best to contrcat a local atorney here who defend you at court

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just don't understand I haven't made fake money, I didn't even know they were fake notes, this case was 4yrs and 3months ago. I don't want to go if they are going to arrest me. What probes could they possibly have against me they found them on me coming into the country? if it was so serious why wouldn't they have done something 4years ago?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

I have no idea why but they are taking more cares than they use for litle money than 300 euros

For 300 euros they use a minor criminal charges, and call it scam

Thay are no taking about scam, they are taking about making fake money and I have no idea why

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
now its more serious, what is the worse case scenario?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Please, in order to follow I need you open a new qestion or accept the site offer

Are the rules of the site thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did you get my new question?
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Yes I have answered Thank you