José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

I have a very specific question about donor ivf in Spain. I

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have a very specific question about donor ivf in Spain. I know donor eggs can only be given on an anonymous basis i.e. the donor can never be identified. Exactly what information can be given to the recipient. I understand age, blood group, hair, eye colour, skin colour, height weight. What about nationality and whether they are a university graduate etc.?
Thanking you in advance.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there

José M spanish lawyer

The actual spanish law about human reproduction is Ley 14/2006

The answer to your question its at Art 5 section 6

. Donors must be more than 18 years, healthy Psychophysics and full capacity to act. His psychophysical State must comply with the requirements of a mandatory study protocol of donors including their phenotypical and psychological characteristics as well as the clinical conditions and analytical determinations necessary to demonstrate, according to the State of knowledge of science and technology existing at the time of its realization, that donors do not suffer from genetic diseases hereditary or infectious communicable to the offspring. These same conditions apply to samples from donors from other countries; in this case, the corresponding remisor centre managers must prove compliance with all conditions and tests whose determination can not be practiced in the samples sent to their reception. In any case, authorised may refuse the donation where the physical conditions of the donor are not suitable.

Please ask if you need further information