José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

An ex colleague/friend of mine and myself bought 2

Customer Question

An ex colleague/friend of mine and myself bought 2 apartments in the same complex in Spain a few years ago. I used to go regularly,but have not now been for a few years.Everytime I went I would pay the community fees for one of them which we deemed to be mine even though both properties are in both names. I stopped going over 3 years ago. I have just received a letter from a UK debt recovery agency demanding some £13,000 for unpaid community fees,which is the total owed for both apartments. The situation is my ex colleague lives in one of them and the other was let out on the basis the rent money would cover the mortgage and the community fees - turns out he has been pocketing this money withouth paying anything towards either,The community/community agents OCIS have made no effort to retrieve any monies by way of repossession or from my colleague,but have come directly to me by way of this collection agency,threatening me with further action if the outstanding fees for both apartments are not paid. Is this enforceable ?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, José M. spanish atoreny

If both names are ***** ***** propiety, the problem is that you two could lose both propieties

For the comunity is easier to seize the spanish propieties and get the money from them but endeed they could seize your propieties in UK too

I think that the best for you will be to pay and seize him at court to get your money back

Contract a local atorney in Spain who deal with the comunity an agrement and pay.

Once you pay sue your colleague at court

Expert:  José M. replied 10 months ago.

I gently ask for a good rate of the service