José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I have a house in Spain with my partner that is in both our

Customer Question

I have a house in Spain with my partner that is in both our names. I paid for the house and our relationship has broken down. Is he entitled to half the property?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

According to the spanish law he is the owner and if you ask her for money you will have to probe she owes that you claim for.

So, the chance to get some money back will depend on what you could probe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to prove that I paid for the house myself and he didn't pay for anything? He didn't contribute any money towards it?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, even you will have to pay you do not give her the money as a gift is she says so

Its hard to prove.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm quite confused.I paid 100% for the house but it is in my name and Scott's nameCan Scott get half of the house ?
Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Of course. For the spanish law the propiety is not yours, is of both of you, you two have the same rights

If you want to ask her for money is another problem, but this propiety is of both of you

Expert:  José M. replied 1 year ago.

Please to rate positively the service