José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney

Law 4/2012 I purchased a fractional membership in spain and

Customer Question

Law 4/2012
I purchased a fractional membership in spain and on the day i signed finance agreement with English company. I have now managed to get out of the fractional membership (timeshare) and am seeking to have loan taken out against the same null and voided, what rights have i as in spain i was told the debt would go with canecellation of timeshare using law 4/2012.
Can you advise please
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 7 days ago.

Hi there.

José M spanisg atorney.

I can advice you about to how to go out of the fractional membership contract, according to spanish law, but no about the finance contract you got in UK according UK law.

Once you know that, your rights about to declare nule the spanish contract, will be found at the 11 Article of the law and the colling period at 12.

Be sure that you got a legal writting contract with alll the requirments said at 11 and be sure they give you the colling period of 12. If they miss you will be freee to declare the contract nule.

But I am sorry to say that even you got it nule, the finace contract in UK could be legal, so you have to manage it with a UK barrister to find an exit of it

Even you could sue the company here in Spain but you will have to pay the financial contract in UK

So, read carefully the articles 11 and 12 of the spanish law 4/2012 and check if they miss your rights in order to declare your contract nule

I will be here if needed, thank you

LINK to the law in english