José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I was taken to European court for non payment of management

Customer Question

I was taken to European court for non payment of management fees. My lawyer in London dealt with the case. We won and the case got struck with the fees wiped and costs awarded. It was all sent to there lawyers.
6 years later I have had the courts in Spain put a Embargo on the property as the management company are still pushing for the fees and are saying that the court case in London was not recognised there lawyers ignore everything my lawyer has sent.
I have had to get a barrister in Spain Marbella we have had the Embargo lifted I had to pay 1.500 Euros. I feel nobody is listening or accepting the European Court case that was won. Can you help ?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, once you have got win a case in Europe, no spanish court should deny your right.

Listen to your spanish solicitor and ask him why it is supposed you have a risk to lose the fees here, because there is not reason for it.

Ask if you lose here, you could sue they at european court again

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you do you know a good Lawers in London that understand Spanish law please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  José M. replied 8 months ago.

Of course

http://www.gomezacebo-pombo.com/index.php/es/oficinas/londres

http://www.uria.com/es/oficinas/londres

Ask for several budgets, prices are very diferent one each other.