José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I ran a hotel business in Lanzarote and employeed our two

Customer Question

I ran a hotel business in Lanzarote and employeed our two Son's. The hotel closed in June 2016 although the business is still going through the Administration process with the judge. The CCOO syndicate became involved about a year before closure. When we notified them of our closure they called meetings with all employees, advising them on their rights, what they had to do, when and what their entitlement was. My Son's were excluded from these meetings and therefore had no idea what to do or how to go about it. The syndicate arranged for employees to be paid their liquidation amounts but again, excluded my Sons. To complicate the matter, the liquidation amounts were paid out of the deposit we paid the freeholder of the hotel we were renting who is refusing to pay them now, although we were told they would be paid. How can we get these liquidation payments made from the freeholder?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, law says that relativas has no this choice. Si the procedure done is right. Thank you