José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My mother is spanish and I would like a spanish passport,

My mother is spanish and I would like a spanish passport, please advise
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi. José M spanish atorney

I need to know how old are you and were you were borned

Thank you to let me know to answer your question properly

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was born in the UK and I am 55 years old. My Mother was born in Spain (I have her Birth Certificate). I also have my parents marriage certificate and my own Birth Certificate. My question was what else do I need to get a Spanish Passport?
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

You do not need to wait 10 years residing in Spain

As son of spaniard you have the chance to opt for it at the closer spanish consulate

Follow the intructions

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/embajadas/ottawa/en/informacionparaextranjeros/pages/nacionalidad.aspx

Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

I will be here if needed. Thank you and have a good day

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have looked at the website and have the REQUISITOS PARA LA OPCIÓN DE LA NACIONALIDAD ESPAÑOLAI have most of the papers required but I need to ask you a question on the part entitled DOCUMENTACIÓN ORIGINAL DE LOS PADRES:I also need to know what I need to sort out A PETITION and a DECLARIATION DE DATOS?
Expert:  José M. replied 3 months ago.

Documentacion original de los padres its the birth certificate of your mother

With her passport numebr the conulsate could know where you can find it r you could ask for it to the civil register (registro civil)

petitio is just the fact of you ask for it That it is (You star the procedure with the petición)

Declaracción de datos is just another part of the procedure

Contact the closer registro civil at the closer spanish embassy and star the procedure