José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

An altercation happened between me and my fiancé the other

Hi, an altercation happened between me and my fiancé the other night, we had too much to drink and shouted at each other and we pushed each other, police came and I said I'd didn't want to press charges against him, they kept him in over night and let him go yesterday, even though I'm not pressing charges they said we both have to be at court at 9am tomorrow, we fly later in the day back to england, what's going to happen? It's not domestic violence like the Spanish police were saying it was a heated argument and he pushed me a little and I banged my elbow On door, that's all that happened he's never been violent in the time we have been together, please help as I'm worried they won't let him come home tomorrow with me
Category: Spain Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi I've logged in and spoke to someone but not sure who I'm suppose to be talking with now, I paid £32 and now £3 but wouldn't let me send message?
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. Jose M spanish atorney May I help you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, did you get my previous message about the court case in the morning?
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

According to Spanish law it's domestic violence and you two will go call to court to judge you. In this court your fiancé could say that police it's wrong and that's will be all It's very important she will be there and say so if you go. If you do not go you could be arrested in Spain in future

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are both going to attend together, I'm just worried because it wasn't violence he just pushed me back and I banged my elbow on the door and because of the police knowing that they arrested him, we are very happy it's first time we both got angry, I just hope he can come home on our flight tomorrow evening? They won't lock him up will they?
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

If you try to go you could be arrested before you go. It's a bad idea to try it. Go to court, say police lies and she say so and court will have nothing against you and you will be free

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We will be in court, I'm telling the truth that he tried to turn me out of the door so we wasn't arguing and I banged my elbow that is the truth but they made me sign a statement and when they gave me it it was in Spanish so I can't read what they have put
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

That's perfect, that's the way To go and defend your self with her help. With that they have nothing

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They aren't allowed to do that with the statement are they? I've spoke to my friend back in England and she said they can't use it because I can't read it, it was all just an accident and the police misunderstood it
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to say that according spanish law you are guilty unless you could prove you are not an offender with her help and police and court have the right to do what they are doing. Ask her to come and help you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok who do I ask for? We both just want to go home tomorrow it wasn't a fight or abuse it was a simple accident
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

You two say the same story A little drink and games. You two enjoy this games and police was wrong an miss it was a simple game

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

I gently ask for a good rate of my service. Thank you