José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

What is the time scale to put your property into your own

Customer Question

what is the time scale to put your property into your own name after your wife dies. What is the time scale. Im of the understanding between 1-5 years you pay an amout to the value of the poperty. Between 5-12 years there is no longer a charge to do this. 12 years after the government will take the property.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, law does not force you to change names. You cpuld leave it as it is.

Law forces you to pay taxes in 6 months time since the person pass away

If you do not pay on time, spanish tax office has 5 years time to ask you for taxes with penalty ( 40 per cent more)

If the person pass away 12 years ago you could make the cahnge when you want and you have to pay no tax at all

José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much for this, we are intending to come to Spain in November to sort this out. you have my mobile.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I can phone you if you ask for this aditional service

Please to rate positively the service anyway