José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

I'm trying to find out if a US company can serve a writ on a

I'm trying to find out if a US company can serve a writ on a Spanish resident (not Spanish national) to seize assets?
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, the answer is yes, the person not has to be resident. The matter is that he gets a power to manage in name and right of this company. The power has to be signed by a notario or equivalent with the hage apostige on it to be legal

The power could be done at the closer spanish embassy

The power will say the minits of this person to manage in name and right of the company

José M spanish atorney

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think my question was misunderstood. If I an American company is owed money/assets by someone living in Spain (although not necessarily Spanish) does the US company have a way to serve a legal document against that person?
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for my mistake

The answer is yes, the company could sue, demand, this person here in Spain if Spain is his residence

To do that you need to contract a local atorney and he could study the cahnce to get something from him

According to international law demander has to demand at the place where debitor, demanded person resides

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 months ago.

Please to rate positively my service.

Have a good day