José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My mother jointly owned a property in Spain with my brother,

My mother jointly owned a property in Spain with my brother, my mum owned two thirds and he owns a third.My mother returned to the UK a number a years ago and died this year intestate, my brother who lives in the UK has refused me access to the property for a holiday and he also refuses to sell the property so it can be sold and the proceeds shared to legal heirs. Can you advise me of the action I need to take? I need to keep the costs as low as I can.
I have also been advised that being refused access to the property of a parent is a criminal offence in Spain, so what can I do about this. I would also like to add that he never contributed to the purchase of the property. many thanksa
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Spain Law
Expert:  José M. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, in order to have a chance you must become an coowner as heir As you are not coowner you have no way to enter into it. José M spanish atorney So you have to get your rights as heir first.