walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
61772417

I have a 2-door brick built double garage and I would like

Customer Question

I have a 2-door brick built double garage and I would like to replace the two single doors (2.28m wide) with a single double door (4.77m wide). The wall plate will sit on top of the RSJ, and the roof is a pyramid hip shape with a wood frame and concrete tiles. My question is, what size RSJ would I need for the 4.77m opening - I am assuming a 5.17m long RSJ? Also, would I need pad stones?
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would still like an answer please.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  StructuralEng replied 3 years ago.
I can help you with this a little later today. I will have some questions for you at that time.