StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

Can a 2inch breeze block wall be load bearing if the floor/ceiling

Can a 2inch breeze block wall be load bearing if the floor/ceiling above is beam and pot. Ground floor flat removing old water tank for combi boiler
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I would like an answer please.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'll be happy to assist you with this.
2" block should never be used as a load bearing element. It is too slender and will fail every stability check required in the masonry design code.
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience: Structural Engineer