StructuralEng
StructuralEng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer
59685895

I've had a chimney breast removed and supported with an

Customer Question

I've had a chimney breast removed and supported with an RSJ downstairs. I'm now wanting to reposition an internal door along one of the walls where the RSJ is imbedded, I want the door under or very close to underneath the RSJ. Wall is load bearing
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will continue waiting thanks
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  StructuralEng replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I can help you with this.
You will need to temporarily shore (support) the structure while you're moving the door and installing a new beam. I can size the beam for you. I will need additional information.Can you post a dimensioned sketch of the framing so I can track load to the new beam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response, there's no option to upload a picture on here so how can I give you what you need?

You can attach files here with the paper clip icon or you can upload to mediafire.com and post the URL here for me to access.