walkereng
walkereng, Consultant
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
61772417

Im british loving in sub tropical country with heavy rain.

Im british loving in sub tropical country with heavy rain. Due to poor pouring of slab leaving lots of holes and non waterproof grout my terrace leaks through to lower floor roof. Is there a quick fix clear epoxy type paint I could ise on slate tiles to give a waterproof layer? Help
Category: Structural Engineering
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any pictures you can share with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only give you pics of the terrace. Which forms the roof of the lower floor. It has become evident There was little to no waterproof cement or grout put as screed on slab prior to tiling in addition many - 40% plus of the tiles laid are hollow (what we call drummy) . This is a new build with a con artist as builder and project manager. Short of re doing at great expense we wondered if anything on the market to waterproof area. It does not drain to the drains and water sits during rainy season.
Expert:  walkereng replied 1 year ago.
Here is a product that works well:https://www.covertecproducts.com/clear-sealers/decorative-concrete-sealer-strongseal-plus/ As you probably noticed, very few products are waterproof, they are water resistant. Your builder should have used something like his under your tile:https://www.duradek.com/outdoor-tile-roofing-applications/ I hope this helps!