Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi, I have been having DPF problems on my 50,000 mile 2010

Customer Question

Hi, I have been having DPF problems on my 50,000 mile 2010 outback. I mainly do long journeys with lots of motorway mileage. The car has been back 5 times in the last year for forced regenerations and has had the latest software update. It has been dealer serviced from new. The dealer is a long round trip - can I trigger a regen myself?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

You can in strict answer to your question yes -- this is done by driving the car at a speed not below 60 mph for a period of 5-6 miles...in 4th gear. This kicks the regeneration process in to action. Its not the same as having the system fully serviced - but I assume thats been done...

Some people when having continual problems with the Dpf systems resort to having them removed - this is quite common these days - let me know if you need any more info on that , but that is the way to get the system to regenerate / clean as above..

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.