Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Subaru STI 2008 is showing some lights on the screen and

Customer Question

My Subaru STI 2008 is showing some lights on the screen and wen I had them checked out they come up as:
P0019-CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(BANK 2,SENSOR b) incorrect assignment.
P0024 CAMSHAFT B TIMING(BANK 2)TOO EARLY OR SYSTEM FAULT.
I HAD THEM RESET AND THEY STILL CAME BACK.ANY DIAGNOSIS IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this..

What is the mileage on the car ?

Do you have any odd running faults or increased / odd noises from the engine at all?

Please type your reply here -- When I receive it, I will get back to you asap thereafter -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mileage is about 53000 miles and no I have not had any issues with the car before.i bought it march this year from a dealership in Glasgow and not had any issues until two days ago.its still running alright but the engine shakes a lil when idling.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HEY MIKE DID U GET MA EXTRA INFO REQUESTED?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i answered that already n still waiting.milage is 53k and no i havent had any work done since i bought it n march.it runs ok tho the engine is now huddery.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again...

I do apologise - I missed your initial reply as I was due off - So Im sorry I couldn't get back to you until just now -

Ok I have that info / reply - can I just ask you for its Full reg number - so that I can ID its actual management systems..

Then we can progress today -

Kind Rgds, MIKE..............................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MV08EKG

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again , Thank you for that .

Ok - with this and the symptoms you describe, there is a known fault / tech service bulletin on this problem.

That basically states that the cam shaft sensors are a known fault - common for failing and when you get these symptoms, the sensor should be replaced. The replacement sensors are upgraded to cure premature failures.

So given what you have outlined above, that would be the way forward on this one now.

The only other thing to bear in mind on this is , the timing belts are due for replacement on these models at 66,000 miles. You are not far off that ... Sometimes the belts can wear excessively and will cause the sensors - cam and crank sensors to give off a fault code... usually this can be seen / verified by a slack belt..so its worth actually just thinking about that at this time also.

Best Rgds, MIKE.

If I have misunderstood anything you have said - or you need anything more - just get back to me -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanx Mike for yo answer.wat i want to know is ,are the camsensors sold as a pair

and is it an easy DIY job and where exactly are they located on this engine.

Sorry Mike but this neva got answered.just found your service very inefficient and slow.not value for money.sorry.