Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I need the code to disable the immobilizer as the key isnt

Customer Question

I need the code to disable the immobilizer as the key isn't turning the alarm off. It's a 53 reg forester
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you with your Subaru issue.

Im afraid that there is no way that anyone other than a dealer ( Subaru ) can obtain that code for you...

So what you need to do is contact them -- but a tip for you is, if you know the dealer that originally supplied the vehicle- they often have records of the PIN codes on their computer - so often they wont charge ...but added to that and especially if you are the original owner, they will sometimes give it over the phone.

If you don't know the original supplying dealer - its often recorded in with your vehicles docs... or on the number plates of the car..so do check on that..

IF you cannot find that info - again any dealer can you get the PIN code for you - but you will need to have the VIN for them of the vehicles ( any will need this ) and others tend to ask for proof ownership etc...Id and so on.

You understand this is a security issue for your car- so that is the only way to get the PIN codes as I have described..

Now -this all applies if the car will not start because of the immobiler being active.. If its just that the alarm keeps going off - but the car wil start... ( and either way, you dont have the immobiliser light active ) then its more likely you don't need the code - but you have a sensor / switch fault on one of the doors or boot / bonnet causing this.. If that is the case - that will need the system checking - to find / cure the fault.. but the alarm unit can be just disconnected for now to get you by if the car will actually start and run.

I mention all the above "in one go " so to speak - to save you time...

Let me know if you need anything else -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Please do click on the "OK rating to Excellent ratings" service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.