Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Have got 2011 legacy d se, problem with steering, slight pull

Customer Question

Have got 2011 legacy d se, problem with steering, slight pull to left but not all the time when driving also can somtimes be very twitchy on rougher roads again not all the time, tyre wear showing on outside of front tyres mpg dropped from 40 to 35 this has all come about after new tyres fitted 3000 mile ago , when new tyres fitted rear passanger tyre was on wrong way , went back to dealer sorted wrong tyre but said steering fine , any help much appreciated , john
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello John and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ...

In this situation, given the fact you have had a tyre fitted the wrong way round as you mention, it doesn't really inspire confidence in the garage you used.

Its easy enough to rectify that - as you have - but what else has been going on?!

Anyway - your next move has to be to get the tracking checked -and adjusted to correct the toe out / in as required John - the tracking being out for whatever reason , will certainly cause the pull you have- and the abnormal tyre wear...

Quite what has gone on at that garage , nobody knows or will ever know - but I would strongly advise to take the car for the above, to a known good tyre specialist - such as National Tyres or whoever you have in your locale...

Doing as above should see this cured for you John given what you have described -

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.