Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Clutch pedal on my 2001 reg goes very soft in warm weather

Customer Question

Clutch pedal on my 2001 reg goes very soft in warm weather and stays to the floor until it as cooled down then okay
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Going by description and asuming you havent had anything done as of yet..it might be worth at least having that old fluid bled out so new fluid is pushed through the system..so might be worth having the system re-bled a few times..just in case this is moisture trapped/expanding due to heat in the fluid line..also inspect the line carefully for damage or slight heat damage as such from the master cylinder to slave cylinder itself aswell as leaks from both cylinders.. so as above maybe give that a try before you opt towards replacement of those cylinders/line etc..I do hope this helps