Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

SUBARU OUTBACK 2005 - IVE JUST HAD TO CHANGE MY RADIO CD PLAYER

Customer Question

SUBARU OUTBACK 2005 - IVE JUST HAD TO CHANGE MY RADIO CD PLAYER FOR A SECOND HAND ONE DUE TO THE RADIO TAKING CURRENT FROM THE BATTERY WHEN CAR ALL LOOKED UP CAUSING THE BATTERY TO GO FLAT AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS WHEN NOT USED.BUT THE SECOND HAND ONE IS COMING UP WITH ON THE SCREEN ( SERCURITY ) CAN YOU ADVISE THANKS
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
each radio unit had a security code so if it was ever stolen / removed from the car then you need the code to get it going again you will need the VIN from the donor vehicle in order to get the security code for the replacement head unit alternatively a radio de-code service may be able to help
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.