Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Mike, I have a 2003 Forrester that was fitted with a new

Hi Mike, I have a 2003 Forrester that was fitted with a new clutch prior to me buying it 2 months ago. The pull away judders badly and i want to take it somewhere to get it fixed. I can do most things myself but not this.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
This is MIKE -
When you get a judder as you describe - after a clutch replacement -its always worth first, just checking that everything has been re fitted / tightened up again properly - for example, gearbox mounts and so in... if anything has been left loose, that will cause a judder --- so check / have that checked over first.
If its not that - and nothing external can be seen to be at fault, then its either, that there is a fault with the first motion shaft bearing or spigot bearing ..or, there is a fault with the NEW clutch components - which does happen on occasion or, the fitter has damaged the clutch plate by allowing the gearbox to hang / put pressure on the plate while fitting - again, this is a common issue with some.. Sadly for any of these to be inspected - to sort - the gearbox will have to be removed -and then go from there with what is found.
So start by checking as outlined first above - then if needed - any local small type garage can do the work for you -as / if needed.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this.. I will be back on later today if you need me.
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE