Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Good afternoon, I have a 1990/1991 Subaru Legacy GL 4WD

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a 1990/1991 Subaru Legacy GL 4WD Estate, the carburettor version. VIN/Chassis No JF1BF3AR0CJ005347 Probably compounded by the few that were built I have not been able to find the steering track angles.
Could you please confirm if the camber angle is positive or negative and secondly,
What should the toe in/out be for this vehicle?
I have had it now for fifteen years and am still very fond of it. I think possibly an excursion with a hole in the road may have caused a problem.
I would very much appreciate these figures.
Thank you in anticipation.
Ian *****
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello Ian,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Shantal, thank for your reply. Would you please continue to try and find answers to my two questions. The most important one being the tracking angle. Toe in or toe out and the amount in degrees or mms.
I will keep a lookout for your reply. Many thanks.
Regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Shantal, To confirm it is a 1990/91 Subaru Legacy GL 1.8 (carburettor version) 4 WD Estate
Hello Ian,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Shantal, Thank you for your email. Yes please to closing this enquiry and refunding my payment. I have finally been able to find the information that I needed and can now correct the steering on my Subaru.
Thank you for your efforts towards trying to find the answer for me. I will bear you in mind if I need help in future.
I did not complete the questionnaire because whilst I did not get the information I needed, you were very helpful in trying to get it sorted for me, which was much appreciated.
Regards ***** *****