Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My Subaru Legacy spec power assisted steering doesn't work

Customer Question

My Subaru Legacy b spec power assisted steering doesn't work when first driving off from cold does this mean the fluid needs topping up , if so how do u top up and with what , or local mechanic can't locate the power assisted steering , sorry to be so vague .
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd agree that 1st 1st thing to try is topping up the fluid its just uses regular Dextron III type fluid or Red ATF the fluid reservoir is off to the side if you follow the hose back from the top of the pumpyou'll locate the reservoir, there's a dipstick built into the cap and you check it with a hot engine as the fluid expands a lot
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you