Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2005 subaru wrx 2.0l quad cam the bottom end has

Customer Question

hi i have a 2005 subaru wrx 2.0l quad cam the bottom end has gone i also have a 1998 subaru 2.0 quad cam both are turbo will the 1998 engine go into my 2005 wrx if i use the long block with all my manifolds and stuff? many thanks james
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello yes the two blocks are interchangeable the thing to watch is the specification of the cam actuators and some of the engine sensors as these have changed over the years So it woudl be wise to swap all the sensors and engine wiring loom over at the same time also double check that the front crank trigger wheel has the same pattern and number of teeth, if not then this will need swapping too
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you