Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I replaced all four brake hoses on a wrx sti and trying

Customer Question

Hi I replaced all four brake hoses on a wrx sti and trying to bleed the brakes.the fluid is coming out but no pressure
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello I'd double check all the unions for tightness on all the joints. Also I'd use a pressure bleeder such as Easibleed to push fluid through to each corner first then use the two person method below to bleed the brakes.I favour having a clear hose from the nipple to a jar 1/2 full of old fluid and with the nipple closed your assistant pushes the pedal up and down a few times then holds it down then you crack open the nipple and close it again whilst fluid is still flowing.Repeat this a few times on all calipers and start with the caliper furthest away from the master cylinder. if this doesn't help then its possible that you need to run the ABS pump to move any trapped air insidethe dealer method is to use the diagnostic tool to cycle the ABS during bleeding however I've had good results buy just taking the car for short drive and stamping on the pedal at low speed to lock the brakes and trigger the ABSand then re-bleed