Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I'm looking at a 2011 hatch etc sti 330s with 27000 on the

Customer Question

Hi I'm looking at a 2011 hatch etc sti 330s with 27000 on the clock but I'm worried with what I have heard with piston ring failure should I be concerned as I've checked the service history and is up to date, thanks craig
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

the ring land issue I say has been a bit over-reported as the instance of failures and returns are about 1-3% and mostly the pre 2008 update cars

so I wouldn't worry about a 2011 car with a full history

if it had been modified then thats another story

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks mat I was hopeing that would be the response,
Kind regards craig
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

no problem

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you