Mike
Mike, Subaru Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Ive just bought a 2002 wrx and when engine gets warm it

Customer Question

ive just bought a 2002 wrx and when engine gets warm it starts to rev like mad and when you put foot on brake pedal it goes back to normal and changing down gear it goes back to normal ive changed the idle thingy on top I was told it was that but still doing it thanks
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.

When the engine is running at idle do you hear a hissing noise coming from the foot area drivers side .

and when you press on the brake very slightly does the hissing go away .

Greg