Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 2005 Subaru forester has abs light problems when i hit

Customer Question

my 2005 Subaru forester has abs light problems when i hit 18km per hour the abs light comes on . we put it on the diagnostics machine twice i one read code p0052 o2 sensor fault ?????
the other diagnostics reader read .. relay fault.. changed relays still abs light was on . i took the car to the local Subaru dealer the Subaru diagnostics reader said no faults apart from abs pump we changed the abs pump with the correct pump all numbers matching
drove the car upto 18km the light came on again all wheel sensors have being tested all correct and working inline with each other
thank you peter
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 10 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the wheel speed sensor signals were not checked using a scan tools data list while driving to see if one or more sensors is sending a false signal when this occurs this needs done.It is possible one of the sensors is sending a false signal only intermittently and only when the issue occurs and this needs checked.If this was checked this way already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
had the wheel sensors checked one did flat-line after a few seconds changed that sensor for new drove the car down the track with live data feed all sensors working in time with each other still the abs light was on plus you cannot feel it working on the foot brake it just a smooth push down to the floor i am very sorry for not getting back to you last week working away .
cheers peter
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 3 days ago.

I would have the abs codes re checked now this sensor has been replaced and see if any codes are set.Also you may have to have the dealer calibrate the brake computer or anti lock hydraulic unit now that it is replaced.