Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I want to sell my flat and wondered what my tax liability would

Customer Question

I want to sell my flat and wondered what my tax liability would be. I do not live in it at the moment. I paid £45,000 for it and it is worth 250,000, i want to pay as little tax as possible, should i move back in and for how long?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 5 years ago.

If you let me have the following information I'll do some calculations and let you know if there is anything you can do to reduce your tax exposure:

1 The month and year you bought the property. Did you move into it right away?

2 The month and year you moved out of the property? Was it let immediately?

3 Has the property been let more or less continuously since it was first let?

Expert:  TonyTax replied 4 years ago.
Hi again.

Do you still need an idea of your potential liability to CGT if you sell your flat? If so, please let me have the information I asked for in my previous post and I'll do some calculations. Here is my previous post: