Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I want to set up a business based in the UK, but have to pay

Customer Question

I want to set up a business based in the UK, but have to pay people in France. What legal implications do I have in both the UK and France
Expert:  ajlaj01 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

What is the nature of the business?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Purchase of scrap precious metals for refining in the UK. The associates would be making appointments in Europe for me and would receive a percentage of the net profit.

Expert:  ajlaj01 replied 3 years ago.

What specifically are you concerned about? Tax? Regulation etc?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How to show to the UK tax authorities monies paid out to others in other countries. To account for it correctly in my accounts and what liability would I have to inform any tax authority in any country (mostly in the EU) of monies paid to their nationals for services provided to me.

Because I need native French, German and Italian speakers it is likely that I will find the people I require in France, Germany and Switzerland.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. In this case, it might also be that the Tax category is a better fit for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please find someone to answer this (somewhat complex) question please

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,