taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

hi, ive been off sick from work from having a operation, and

Customer Question

hi, ive been off sick from work from having a operation, and my employer is only paying me 10.50,per day,i work 4 days a week, im not getting enough money coming i, can iclaim my tax i have paid? or is not possable. i also worked with another company for two years,could i still claim my tax back.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 4 years ago.

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.

Meena, thank you for your question..

Each tax year is independent and stand alone in terms of income/personal allowances and tax payable on that income.

You can't claim back tax paid in a previous tax year unless there has been an error in tax calculation and you have made an overpayment.

As far as current tax year is concerned, if you are on a normal tax code i.e. 944L then your income and tax allowance per payroll period is added as the year progresses and you pay tax based on your cumulative income and tax allowance year to date. This way if your income is below your tax free allowance then any tax deducted to that point is repaid with your pay in the month it happens.

You may find that a repayment, if due, has already taken place in your pay cheques.

If you need more information please let me know before you rate my service.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I am available for any follow up questions you may have, and you can use the reply button to post your follow up questions to the page. If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate the service I provided to ensure I get paid for it.