TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Hello tax question re HMRC enquiry Can someone advise

tax question re HMRC enquiry

Can someone advise if i have credit card statements showing payments but do not have an invoice is this still likely to be an allowable as an expense.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 4 years ago.
Your question is one that is not really listed in the HMRC specifically. A receipt or invoice is the best proof of expense but, an entry on a credit card statement or a bank statement or a credit card voucher or even an entry on a cheque stubb may be sufficient to prove the cost was incurred.
If it were for VAT purposes the invoice would be needed.

My goal is to give you excellent service. If you are satisfied, please rate me. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. To start a new conversation with me on a new topic request me again.