Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I currently live in Spain and have my financial holdings in

Customer Question

I currently live in Spain and have my financial holdings in Switzerland and currently classed as offshore so not liable for UK tax. However my wife and i want to move back to UK and rent a property.
Is there anyway that I can achieve living in the UK and not be subject to UK tax .i.e live between Spain and UK etc?
Please advise?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

Can you tell me what sources of income you have and how long you have lived in Spain please. Do you own a property in Spain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Swiss trust is contracted to a film production company that pays commission to my swiss trust. In turn the swiss trust pays me a consultancy each month to an offshore personal account.

We have lived in spain for 5 months and are renting. However I can buy here if that helps etc etc

Expert:  TonyTax replied 3 years ago.

I'm going to have to opt out as I don't really get involved in the type of trust arrangement you are a beneficiary of and its tax implications. Hopefully, another expert will be able to help but if I were you I'd really be looking for face to face advice with a specialist as this area is a minefied, particularly in the current anti tax haven climate.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.