How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7323
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Hello I want to help a friend to pay off her mortgage &

Customer Question


I want to help a friend to pay off her mortgage & she then wants to rent out her house so I can be paid back over a 7year period.

Where do we both stand on the tax situation?

Many thanks

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, if you have any questions or need further clarification after reading my answer please let me know.


Thank you for your question...


Are you proposing to give her a loan? If so, will it carry any interest or will it be interest free loan?


Will your friend continue to live in the property or will the whole property be let?



Many thanks