Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I had a capital gains tax bill passed to Tenerife because I

Customer Question

I had a capital gains tax bill passed to Tenerife because I was living there then when I came back a couple of years later its turned up but they embargoed the properties I had over there with the debt the problem is around 2007 I had a capital gains bill around 34k then I sent them a further 10k before I left and they sent me a letter stating they did not want any money but on this occasion we will accept it I did not really understand what was going on .Then after many months in Tenerife a tax collector started to chase me for the debt again finding this all odd but I contacted an accountant in Tenerife who organised payment plans unfortunately things got bad financially and he said the will put the debt on your three apartments if you do not pay it (embargo) the apartments were in one complex one I believe was sold a year ago the other two are controlled by the bank one thing that is extremely common in Spain embargoes are almost impossible to have removed so therefore when I seen after a couple of years the bill reappears to my horror so I don't knowvwhatvto do I was told by the revenue in Liverpool the debt is covered by your re-  possessions in Tenerife or otherwise I could end up paying twice no tax person can answer in all the years I have asked I don't speak spanish and cannot sort this out .The HMRC won't help or don't seem to have the knowledge on how the paper trail started every collector involve states it's just been passed to me I don't know nothing else.Please help if you can they are threatening bankruptcy I had 2 heart attacks in 2009 Ian's this is now taking its toll

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,