bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Myself and my collogues are considering incorporating a not

Customer Question

Myself and my collogues are considering incorporating a not for profit cooperative with the specific remit of securing unused commercial property's ( with the proviso that they meet basic heath and safety regs) for sports club usage.
Is there any way we can incentiveise this by providing rates/tax breaks for the property owners?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello Nicola,

I am quite happy to continue waiting.

Many Thanks

Graham.
Hello Graham,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Graham,

Hello Graham,

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nicola,
I am quite happy to wait another week or so, as I am also struggling to find any advice on the subject via conventional means.

Graham.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Keith and ready to assist you with your problems.

Please advise your location; are you in the UK?

If a sports club registers with HMRC as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) it can benefit from various tax advantages, for example claiming back tax on Gift Aid donations, tax relief on the Corporation Tax paid on income and capital gains, and non-domestic rates relief. The CASC scheme is open to qualifying sports clubs in other European Member States or relevant territories as well as clubs in the UK. To register, the club has to meet certain conditions. The HMRC CASC Unit decides whether the conditions for registration have been met. CASC status is only available to clubs involved in eligible sports as decided by the Sports Council. Thus, although your organisation cannot provide the incentives directly, it can draw the users attention to the breaks available.