taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I visit the UK for 2 days every year. I live in Thailand with

Customer Question

I visit the UK for 2 days every year. I live in Thailand with my Thai wife on a Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa. My money is earned in the Middle East and paid into my U.K bank.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please expand on your question..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I got no answer
jeff, thank you for your reply...

I have not answered because I am asking you to please expand on your statement .. you say "I visit the UK for 2 days every year. I live in Thailand with my Thai wife on a Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa. My money is earned in the Middle East and paid into my U.K bank."

What is the question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to know if I have to pay tax. All my UK correspondence, Bank Statements, Pension paperwork, Driving Licence, goes to my sisters house. I do not live or ever stayed there.

jeff, thank you for your reply.

Any interest earned on your savings and/or any investment income arising in the UK only will be chargeable to UK income tax.

Your taxation in the UK will not be determined because your UK correspondence etc is directed to you at your sister's address in the UK.

If you are a UK National, then you will be entitled to UK personal allowance against the income arising in the UK.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Hello Jeff

I notice you have viewed my response to question “I want to know if I have to pay tax” (JACUSTOMER-5quwr6su- Last Viewed on 31/10/2013 at 21:01).

Just checking to see if you have any issues relating to your question that I may not have addressed.

Just because all your UK based correspondence is addressed to you c/- your sister’s address does not make you liable to UK tax. What would make you liable to UK tax is any income you receive from your UK based savings accounts and investments. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Many thannks