Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

ex partner who is also the father of my kids, had is post going

Customer Question

ex partner who is also the father of my kids, had is post going through my address, he asked me nicely and i did not think it would be a problem. In may this year i got a letter from tax credit saying they suspect i was living with a partner, so i called them straight away. I explained to the lady that i do not live with a partner, but she kept on saying they had evidence that he was living there and because of that my childtax credit claim will be closed and made as a joint claim, i said i was not part of a couple or in a relationship for that matter. she said the fact that his letters passed through my address was evidence enough. As at now i have asked him to take it off as i have lost all the money i get in taking care of my kids and myself. he does not even contribute to the kids. I am not in employment and have had to use my housing benefit to take care of the kids who are ages 3years 9months and the second is 9months. It is very difficult as i cant get any letter of his to send to them as evidence all i can send is my bills and my letters in my name.
As at now the case has been sent to an appeal state. That is a tribunal. Which I got a letter from the tribunal. I have made two new tax credits application and I have been refused on one waiting on the second one.
Please what do i do as i am very desperate for money
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

I have just answered this here

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/tax/83ewa-ex-partner-father-kids-post.html