bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

If a firm goes into liquidation and no P45 issued who is responsible,

Customer Question

If a firm goes into liquidation and no P45 issued who is responsible, ex company director or liquidators
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.

There is a part of the Ministry of Employment, at Watford, which deals with such matters, pays you any outstanding wages and holiday pay. The liquidators usually send out employees the form automatically; you should chase them up for a form.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I have no outstanding wages or holiday pay but have not worked since 1 November 2012 and am unable to claim my tax rebate

Probably why you didn't get a form, but ask the liquidator for one and the Ministry should close the process an issue a P45. You don't actally need one these days to claim a rebate providing you have a correct record of income and tax deducted to enter in a self assessment return.
Thank you for your support, these sort of things can be a nightmare!
Just a small point crosses my mind, that department also settles any statutory redundancy pay if appropriate. I know, I got a few quid that way once in respect of an employing company which went bust!