How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7275
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My wife and I live in a property which is combination of a

Customer Question

My wife and I live in a property which is combination of a mews house bought in 1986 and an adjoining ground floor flat to which we 'knocked through' after purchase in 1997. We are thinking of now reverting to living only in one of the two halves and either selling (or renting out) the other. What are the CGT implications if selling or renting out half of what has been our main home?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax

Related Tax Questions