Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Should i be chargered vat for swimming pool hire? My lessons

Should i be chargered vat for swimming pool hire? My lessons are asa registered and blocked booked through out the year. The school running the pool were a registered charity who did not charge me vat on my invoices. The pool is now being run by a private company who are charging vat on the pool hire. The pool remains the property of the school.
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.

If the company who run the lessons are VAT registered (which it would appear they are) then I am afraid to say they must change VAT, and this may be to their detriment as it will be more costly for lessons and individuals may go elsewhere.

But as long as they are VAT registered (will be shown on the receipt/invoice) they supply, then this is sadly correct even though they do not own the pool.

Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question,. although I appreciate that it was not a favourable answer. Please let me know If you require any further assistance with this matter.